Sunday, August 21, 2011

Nearing September

September,

As the gentle shift in air grows daily, I'm reminded of how much I love September.  I love it so much that when I reflect on major changes, for the better in my life, most of them happened in September.  September is when I joined my first Real Estate office shortly after high school.  September is when I got my first apartment.  September is when I moved to New York City 12 years ago and met people and friendships that I had dreamed of.  September is when our family moved from the East Coast to Colorado and September is when I'll be headed back to New York to pursue another dream of mine. 

I wonder if each of us has a time of year that inspires us?  My sister made major changes in her life around Christmas:  Got married around Christmas, bought her first house around Christmas and her second house if I remember correctly. 

I can't wait to head back in doors for warmth, reflection, snuggling, blankets, writing, reading, warm food and drink and an excuse to be still and listen to what my dreams and heart are beating for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment