Monday, November 7, 2011

Are we?

Today I was reading 21 Lessons of Merlyn.  A book that has traveled with me for the last 15 years.  It's about the Druids, Celts, Ancients.  As I got into pages 20 that familiar irritation over came me as the author recounted comparisons of males vs. females.  Trust me, I spent the first 25 years of my life being a feminist.  Being raised primarily by women will do that to you.  But as the years go by and I no longer live in ignorance - yes I am a woman today, but I've lived on this planet more lives then I can count as a man.  I have possibly more male energy in my cell memory then woman.  I've been everything: a woman, man, old, young, black, white, asian, jewish, christian, buddhist, muslim...Sexism and racism seen under the view of reality of our spirits are pointless. 

I am a mother, wife, sister, daughter in this experience and I am thankful because it all adds to what and who I'll be in the next.

If we remembered that we are all potentially everything - would we have anything to fight about?  Would we at last put an end to illusions such as one sex is better then the other, or that one religion is better then another, or that one time on this planet is better then the time we live in now....?  Could we ever fully let go and enjoy with honor the experience we have chosen to have in this life? 

Passionately,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. If we, as in you and me, counts, than yes we can, and have. Too bad there's so many others that aren't included in the 'we' of life as it should be....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed Sir Dean....Thank you ;)

    ReplyDelete