Saturday, April 2, 2011

6 Weeks to Raw Food school

Raw Food:
Ok, so, it's only 6 more weeks until I take that exciting step to the Living Light Culinary Institute.  Since I registered I feel a sence of more breath, more life force has entered my body.  Something wonderful to look forward to perhaps, or a sence that I'm really going to get the hang of this health thing.  In terms of Raw Food I've become very skilled at making some basics: Nut milk, sprouting, Pate' making.  The other day I found the most amazing Pecan Milk recipe in my Raw Food Real World book.  My husband loves Pecan pie more then anything - so I made the raw Pecan milk for him and it was a great sucess!  If my blog will allow it - I'll try to make a video of Nut Milk making and show you the easy tricks that I learned from my friend and teacher Sherri Peale.  Also, my friend and Raw Food teacher Celeste is having a 6 week Raw Food series at her place Colorado Living Arts that I'm looking forward too.  I find that even though I know how to do many of the things that will be in her series, having local support and different teachers has given me many different ways of doing things.  Each class brings a new gift of ease and understanding.  Many people ask me "why Raw Food."  And it's simple, when I do 100% Raw Food I feel different, more calm, more in control, more alive and my skin literally glows and my nails get strong and long.  Also, the research on the health benefits are amazing.  Since my day job is that of a Medium, I talk to so many people that have either crossed over from cancer, are dealing with cancer or a family member witnessing a loved ones decent into cancer.  Food choices and lifestyle is a huge factor in why our bodies experience cancer.  I've actually met three women that had breast cancer and went to the Ann Wigmore Institute in Puorto Rico and CURED their cancer through wheatgrass, Energy Soup and other Raw Food therapys.  So as you can see, my children are very young and my desire to send them into their future with healthful, life affirming, spirit soaring kills is critical.  I know as good as anyone my age that breaking the food habbits of the past are sooo difficult as they are tied to everything.  Admittingly around year 2 of my Raw Food studies I was so egar to stop the connection of horrible feeling food for my family that I decided to do a personal fast on Christmas day.  As you can suspect, that was one of the saddest Christmas to date (other then the joy of my husband and babies).  I felt like I wanted to change but I didn't have the skills to create new memories in a healthful way.  So my trip to the Living Light is a huge deal for me, my children and the many blessing that I know are coming our way from this one decision. 
To our health and joyful spirits!  Love Kate

3 comments:

  1. Katie Dearest, I love your Blog and look forward to reading it each day. You have a gift of writing and I am anxious to join you on your journey of raw food. I am struggling, big time, with even doing it one full day. So far, I've only made it for 3/4 of a day and that was a couple of weeks ago. It truly is a change of habit. It's so easy for me to continue on the path that I've been one. I am ready though to eat more healthy. Love you and love your encouragement. Keep up the good work. Love Tana ( I just noticed this is coming up with Brian's name and I'm not sure why but it doesn't matter - we are one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Tana, I know. You are an inspiration to me and it was our last conversation that made me stop wishing and wondering about starting a blog, and just get right over to the computer and start it. I'll start getting some easy things and recipies on it so that you can find some things that suite you. Maybe after I come back from California in May, you can fly out and spend a weekend with me and I can teach you what I learned.
    Thank you for your friendship,inspiration and love. To our health dear friend...
    Kates

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate,
    I added your blog to my 'favorites' after reading your first entry. My friend, Mary D'Agostino, passed it on to me. I too am a clairvoyant and have a 2 yr old son. I am intrigued by raw food, but am nowhere near adapting my lifestyle to it. The first sprouts of curiosity are forming though and maybe someday ?? For now, I am enjoying reading about your endeavor into that world and this may be the start for me! It all sounds so yummy! Anyway, I wanted to give you a thumbs up on your blog and say I'm looking forward to hearing about your raw food, mommy, medium journey.
    Blessings, Shelly Riemer

    ReplyDelete