Thursday, April 7, 2011

Living Food class

Tuesday was the 1st of 6 Living Food classes by Celeste at The Colorado Living Arts Center.  I'm so grateful for further education classes.  Even though I've heard Celeste say many times the phrase "Living Food,"  it didn't register the way it did on Tuesdays class before.  I have a somewhat ambitious Raw Food schedule that was yummy, but perhaps too much for my time and money schedule.  Hearing Celeste say Living Food and another woman confirm the expense of a Raw Food (Gourmet) something shifted in me.  I am seeking that healthful feeling both in my my body, spirit and mind and the simplicity of a diet is how I've achieved it in the past.  Before I had children I maintained a size 6 jean for years, and I find now that I'm a mom and responsible for their diet and feelings about food - I'm just all over the place.  I still take them to Dairy Queen for "something to do," then I kring when I think of what I'm teaching them, "let's eat some crap when we want to have a good time."  I guess I'm not totally convienced that those things aren't ok once in a while which is how often we do that - once in a while.  But I worry about the emotions behind the act.  I've witnessed first hand the clarity of mind and body and emotion when I eat Raw Food and I want that to be the foundation of my childrens diet.  I see that I've digressed; the term Living Food was powerful for my mind and heart on Tuesday.  Living Green Food.  Sprouted food, grown food, untouched food blended aiding in digestion.  I'm revamping my goals to simplicity.  I'm going to focus on less fluff and more minerals and enzymes.  Thank you Celeste for focusing and teaching the Living Foods art.  It's something sooo basic, yet it feels like another language when we are not raised around natural food.
My weeks Living food goals are:

Green juice in the morning (no more coffee)
Banana for snack
Energy soup for lunch
veggie for snack
Energy soup for dinner

*attempt at making Quinwa (sp?)

Love,
Kates

No comments:

Post a Comment