Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spirt is Behind it...

Isn't it amazing how all things are strung together by Spirit.  Remember the Starbucks gift card that I recieved from a mother named Jamie as my son had his sidewalk roll down. Well for some reason I felt like it hadn't ever been the right time to use it.  I had a few coffee's since then, but it never felt "right" to use the card.  Sunday was the day that I tried to use my gift card at Barnes and Nobles Starbucks. They declined using it because they apparently do not concider themselves Starbucks (boo).  So I paid cash for my childrens cookie and my husband and I's coffee.  As my family was leaving Barnes I noticed a man looking run down and digging in the garbage.  After we got the kids in the car and I "read" him I hopped out and told him that if he was hungry I had this card for him.  He was taken aback and deeply grateful.  He told me his name was Richard and I told him mine.  I reached out and touched his arm and said that I was glad to know him.  It was about to rain as we said our good-byes and I turned to get in the car.  I was amused at the gift of the moment.  I was handed a gift card that was a gift for someone in my future.  She gave me a gift and I in return gave him one.  Isn't it beautiful how we are all connected.

On a side note; also in Barnes that day; I was coming around the corner to look at a book and when I turned to go back to the Kids area - there she was, my friend Sarah was kneeling looking at a book.  She had called me a few times earlier that week and I hadn't called her back yet.  Out of all the places to be and times to be there, we crossed right in front of eachother....

No comments:

Post a Comment